Curbside collection of yard trimmings will continue with weekly service each Wednesday beginning April 4/2012
How to prepare: Bowen residents have the following choices for their yard trimmings set-out.
- Regular garbage cans (77 litre capacity) designated Yard Trimmings cans with the Municipal decals (available at Municipal Hall) and with lids to keep rain out;
- Kraft yard bags;
- Weight limits of 20kg (44lbs) per can, bundle or bag;
- Tied bundles, less than 3ft in length and tied with string or twine (no wire or nylon rope or plastic strapping please).
YES (what we do pick-up)
- Grass clippings, leaves, brush and branches;
- Plants and flowers (living or dead/dried);
- Plant, tree or hedge trimmings.
NO (what we don’t pick-up)
- Yard trimmings in plastic bags;
- Rocks, dirt, sod;
- Food waste, at this time
- Painted or treated wood;
- Garden hoses, flowerpots or non-organic materials.
Remember the yard trimmings program is one option, backyard composting is another.
FOR INFORMATION PLEASE CALL BOWEN WASTE 604-947-2255
:: Close ::